We will be updating this page regularly. Note: Many of the following resources are being provided by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office and the California Virtual College-Online Teaching Initiative… Read More – COVID-19 Orange County Community College Online Faculty Resource Page
COVID-19 Orange County Community College Online Faculty Resource Page Feature Story
We will be updating this page regularly.
Note: Many of the following resources are being provided by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office and the California Virtual College-Online Teaching Initiative (CVC-OEI) as part of their Emergency Preparedness Resources page. For a direct link to their page, please click here.
Vision Resource Center
California Community Colleges faculty, staff, and administrators will find considerable resources and information within the Vision Resource Center.
- Create an account or log in. Under the “Connect” menu, visit “All Communities” and look for the “CCC | COVID-19 Resources, Tools, and Discussion.” Select the community and then “Join Community” to access the content within.
CVC-OEI is providing online training resources to support CA community college system as it transitions from face-to-face instruction to a temporary remote learning experience. This site will evolve as more resources are identified and developed.
- Instructional, Student Services, and Shared College Resource Information. Contains a variety of “Quick Start Steps” for moving instruction and student services online.
- CVC-OEI On-Demand Webinars. A collection of past video presentation covering a variety of topics, such as “Supporting Students with Remote Instruction through Quest Online Learning Readiness Modules,” “Keep Teaching with ConferZoom,” and many more.
Upcoming Online Teaching Webinars
Updated weekly. All times listed are Pacific.
- March 31 – Introduction to NetTutor (8AM); Net Tutor Jam Sessions (10 AM); Pisces Training: Leader Tools (11AM); Humanizing Temporary Remote Teaching in Support of Equity (1PM); Using Canvas for Quizzes and Exams (2PM)
- April 1 – ConexED Training for Online Student Services (9:30AM); NetTutor Training (10:30AM); NetTutor: Translating In-Person Strategies to be Effective in Online Tutoring Sessions (11:30AM); Seven Simple Steps to Making Your Content Accessible in Canvas (12PM); Getting Started with Labster for Teaching Science Labs Online (12PM); Canvas Admin Support for Labster (1PM)
- April 2 – ConexED Training for Online Student Services (9AM); Keep Teaching with TechConnect (Confer) Zoom (1PM); Getting Started with Labster for Teaching Science Labs Online (3PM); Giving Students Feedback with Speed Grader (4PM)
- April 3 – Getting Started with Labster for Teaching Science Labs Online (8AM); Canvas Admin Support for Labster (10AM); ConexED Training for Online Student Services (12PM); Create a Home Page & First Module in Canvas (3PM)
For more information and to register for any of these webinars, and for a complete list of upcoming trainings, visit https://cvc.edu/events/. Many past events are also available on-demand in the CVC-OEI Instructional, Student Services, and Shared College Resources Information Canvas shell.
Instructional Design Open Office Hours
The CVC-OEI is hosting a series of virtual office hours with members of the Instructional Design team to answer questions related to using Canvas for temporary remote instruction. Upcoming hours are:
- March 31– 9AM-10AM
- April 1 – 12PM-1PM, 4PM-5PM
- April 2 – 9AM-10AM
- April 3 – 9AM-10AM, 12PM-1PM, 4PM-5PM
To participate in one of these sessions and for a complete list of upcoming office hours, click here.
LinkedIn Learning and Portfolium Webinars
Laurie Eberhart, Special Project Director, OC Regional Work-Based Learning & Job Placement Grant, NOCCCD, reports that she is in the process of scheduling LinkedIn Learning and Portfolium webinars to help faculty and staff incorporate these resources into their online learning classes. The first webinar will be Tuesday, April 7, 10 AM. For more info contact Laurie at firstname.lastname@example.org or calls 714-808-4611
Association of College and University Educators (ACUE) Resources
The Association of College and University Educators (ACUE) understands the challenges being faced by college instructors across the county and is ready to help. The resources below are free of charge and available to everyone.
ACUE’s Online Teaching Toolkit
ACUE’s Online Teaching Webinars
Careers Ladders Project
The Career Ladders Project is hosting two upcoming, free webinar series focused on strategies for moving dual enrollment and college transition supports online.
Problem Solving: Moving Dual Enrollment Online
Thursday, March 26 to April 16, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. via Zoom.
- Hear how expert practitioners are working through emerging issues
- Bring the challenges you are facing at the moment around remote instruction
- Bring your creative solutions and be ready to contribute
Click here to sign up. Please make sure to RSVP by noon on the Wednesday prior to the meeting.
Redesigning with Transitions in Mind
This statewide workshop webinar series (via Zoom) explores how colleges and their partners have been reimagining transitions to college — such as early onboarding, bridge programs, and dual enrollment — within the Guided Pathways framework. How do we continue to build on this work in a rapidly changing context?
Join us for the first webinar in this series on Friday, April 17, 10AM-12PM. Click here to learn more and register.
TalentED Canvas Module
TalentED is a geo-enabled career navigation hub that provides actionable workforce data, mapping and visualization capabilities that empower students to find programs, enter a pathway, and reach their career goals. A regional collaboration of Orange County community colleges and business partners, TalentED story maps feature priority industry sectors and high skill, high demand jobs.
An “Introduction to TalentED” course module is available for immediate use through CANVAS. For more information about the module and how to use it, click here.
Advanced Transportation & Logistics Sector Resources
The following resources have been provided by Orange County Regional Director for Employer Engagement Jaime Gonzalez. To learn more about Orange County’s ATL sector, visit https://atleducation.org/.
Electude Offers Free Online Access
Automotive instructors in California can take advantage of FREE online access through the end of July. Interested instructors should reach out to Clara Bowser at email@example.com or visit Electude.com to get started.
ATRA Virtual Training Available
Instructors or schools that are members of ATRA, Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association, can request virtual training for their students. Contact Lance Wiggins at 805-604-2034 to learn more. Instructors will be asked to send a roster with student names and emails.
ConsuLab Best Practices Daily Discussions
Auto instructors are invited to join ConsuLab’s education team for 30-minute daily discussions around teaching automotive and diesel in isolation. Get the latest industry news and share best practices with instructor colleagues. Click here to learn more.
Goodheart-Willcox Free Learning Resources
Instructors can get free 90-day digital access by contacting a G-W Educational Consultant. Free resources for students and teachers are also available at www.g-wlearning.com. Training materials for G-W digital resources are available at www.g-w.com/training.
Energy, Construction, & Utilities Sector Resources
InterPlay Learning is making its latest online resources available to California Community Colleges at no cost through the end of the school year. This includes access to HVAC, Electrical and Solar online content.
Friday, April 3 at 2:00 pm, hear from InterPlay administrators and faculty familiar with the platform. A 60-minute presentation will be followed by a 30-minute informal faculty information sharing session. To join, go to https://zoom.us/j/832399244 or contact ECU Regional Director for Employer Engagement, Jon Caffery @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free HVACR Curriculum from the ESCO Group
For a limited time, the ESCO Group and its partners are offering FREE HVACR online curriculum materials to Educators. Click here to visit the ESCO Group and click the “Educator Content” button to learn more.
Lighting Controls Association Free Online Courses
The Lighting Controls Association offers free, online courses about lighting technology and application. Courses are registered with CALCTP, NLCAA, NCQLP and AIA. Upon completion, the student gets a Certificate of Completion that can be shared with the professor. Visit LCA Education Express to register and learn more.
Health Sector Resources
California Health Corps Initiative
Governor Newsom announces the formation of the California Health Corps, a major initiative to expand the health care workforce and fast track qualified professionals into critical positions to fight COVID-19. Learn more here.
Information & Communications Technology and Digital Media Sector Resources
Certiport, a Pearson VUE business, is a leading provider of certification exam development, delivery, and program management services delivering more than three million exams each year. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Certiport is offering a free 90-day trial of curriculum and courseware that can be used by students at home or in other remote locations.
To gain access to these resources for your school, visit www.certiport.com and register for a Certiport account in the top right corner. Then, register as a Certiport Authorized Testing Center (CATC) by following the steps on the Registering a CATC PDF. There is no charge for registering as a CATC. Once your school has been setup as a Certiport Authorized Testing Center, you will be able to request your free 90-day trial of our Learning Products.
Cisco Resources for Virtual Learning and Free WebEx
WebEx is one of the leading enterprise solution for video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinars. Live and recorded classes are available here.
ITProTV Offers Free Access to Select CompTIA Courses
ITProTV is offering no-cost access to select CompTIA online training courses to educational institutions experiencing learning disruptions from the impact of COVID-19. To learn more about this program for the Spring and Summer 2020 semesters, click here and/or email email@example.com.
IBM Extends Online Education Resources to All for Free
Free programs and courses include IBM Skills, Open P-TECH and IBM AI Education series for teachers. Learn more here.
Federal Virtual Training Environment Free Courses
The Federal Virtual Training Environment (FedVTE) provides several courses free of charge and without login requirements. Click here to learn more.
General CVC-OEI Resources
- CVC-OEI Instructional, Student Services, and Shared College Resources Information (open Canvas shell)
- Reduced Cost and Free Internet Access for Students
- Instructions on How to Access Centrally-Funded Support Services
- Expanded Help for Canvas Tier 1 Support
- Adding Not-for-Credit Students in Canvas
- Emergency Planning for Instructional Interruptions
- Emergency Blanket Distance Education Addendum
- Preliminary Guidance for Hard-to-Convert Courses
- Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Resource Webpage
« Orange County Community College COVID-19/Coronavirus Resource Page